Mika’s bugging me to make a post, and since I don’t want to disappoint one of my three or so loyal readers, I’m posting some bits – thoughts that have been rattling around in my brain, activities I’ve been engaged in, the usual garbage, he he.
- There’s a new Beaming Beeman post but I can’t read it because I haven’t seen Episode 9 yet. E.Q., Rina, E.Q….
- On the other hand, I’m up to date on Grey’s and am currently quite delighted with it. There are slight dips, some instances when you’d think, what the hell is up with these people? – but over all, still very entertaining. McDreamy is slowly endearing himself to me, te hee.
- I’m going to be juggling three jobs in the coming weeks and I hardly know how I’m going to divide my time. My lousy working habits (e.g. veeerry long warm-up period before brain actually starts working, inability to work when at home and bed is very near, bloghopping/TV episode catch-up spells in between work, etc.) will have to be drastically overhauled. Come late January, however, it’s very likely that I’ll only have half a job and therefore half the salary, so I guess I should chin up and take advantage while I can. Next year will be a very scary, challenging, unpredictable period for me. But who knows, I might just end up having the time of my life.
- Because of the requirements of my other part-time work I have to learn Adobe InDesign, and to some extent Illustrator and Photoshop too. It’s meticulous and patience-testing work, and I mostly find myself cheating in some way or another, but I’m glad I’m learning something new.
- Christmas has officially arrived at my doorstep. I’m renting a second-floor room at a house in Sta. Ana, and this morning I found – heard, actually, that the family living downstairs has installed Christmas lights – the kind that gaily trills out Christmas melodies all day long. I’m no Scrooge, but really, I find those things irritating as heck. If I have to listen to that all day I’d go crazy. I wonder how those mall salespeople handle it, hearing the same muzak all day every day. Not to mention the standing up all day, or the lousy wages, or non-regularization or whatever.
- I had a birthday last October, and this is the last year I’m going to be in my twenties. Shudders. I remember receiving some forwarded email years ago, some kind of checklist on what a woman should have or should have done before reaching 30. I don’t have the list anymore, but somehow I don’t think I’d be faring too well in that. Then again, I should at least reach 30 knowing that I shouldn’t be holding myself up to other people’s standards of success or fulfillment or whatever.
- Nothing definite yet, but I’m still gunning for that Batanes trip next summer. And no, it’s not because of that new film, this has been a dream of mine for years. I hope it finally pushes through this time. I already have plans of standing in the middle of some jaw-dropping vista, spreading my arms wide, looking up at the sky, and, even though I did not teleport to the place, scream Hiro-style, “Yataaaaaa!” And of course, there should be photo documentation of that moment.
Life should be full of “Yataaaaaa!” moments.