- Clambering up steep slopes in Sablayan, Occidental Mindoro. I will never again attempt to climb a mountain without doing months of training/exercise beforehand.
- Throwing up over the side of the boat en route to Itbayat, Batanes. Over the side of the boat pa talaga, di man lang barf bag. How absolutely ladylike.
- Riding topload at Batanes. The whole Batanes journey is actually one big highlight of the year. Definitely an unforgettable journey.
- Biking to Angkor Wat. On our third day at Siem Reap, Cambodia, we decided against another guided temple tour and just went around town on rented bikes. We still ended up going to the temple area though, making it to Angkor Wat just before sunset. We sort of got lost (I still haven’t completely figured out how it happened; I blame it on the map) and ended up going there via the long way, which was just fine since it gave us the chance to spot this marker and have a photo op🙂
- Haggling at the Russian Market in Phnom Penh. I’m still not absolutely cutthroat at it but I’m getting there.
- Walking up and down Khao San Road in Bangkok simply taking in the sights and sounds and smells and enjoying the banana pancakes.
- Sampling tasty travel eats! Coconut crabs in Itbayat, Tonichi’s fish steak in Batan, delightful Hue-style pho in Saigon, discount breads in Siem Reap, etc…
- Spending an entire year working at home. It had its advantages and disadvantages. Either way, I’m glad I took the plunge and tried it out. Next year I’ll be a full-time employee again. I’m glad that this will be bring me back to Quezon City, but I’ll definitely miss the option to wake up late in the mornings.
- Being part of the passage of the Renewable Energy Bill. I’ve been following it for years, and I’m glad that I got to be there when it finally happened.
- Spending weeks fretting over getting tickets for the Eraserheads reunion concert, only to end up trading up our patron tickets for SVIP passes courtesy of a friend. Talk about pleasant surprises!
- Attending various Centennial-related events at UP Diliman: the kick-off ceremony, LIVE AIDS, the 100 Years of Great Music Concert. Sayang I didn’t make it to the Lantern Parade.
- Discovering new friendships and deepening old ones. Though I can and should do better at this. Medyo may anti-social tendencies din kasi, he he.
- Pursuing the continuing addiction to “Heroes.” Waah, Feb 8 pa next episode!
- Spending another year with Don with a lot of mushiness and no major fights. I wonder if the law of averages will soon catch up with us, he he.
You know what? It’s been a great year🙂