- Clambering up steep slopes in Sablayan, Occidental Mindoro. I will never again attempt to climb a mountain without doing months of training/exercise beforehand.
- Throwing up over the side of the boat en route to Itbayat, Batanes. Over the side of the boat pa talaga, di man lang barf bag. How absolutely ladylike.
- Riding topload at Batanes. The whole Batanes journey is actually one big highlight of the year. Definitely an unforgettable journey.
- Biking to Angkor Wat. On our third day at Siem Reap, Cambodia, we decided against another guided temple tour and just went around town on rented bikes. We still ended up going to the temple area though, making it to Angkor Wat just before sunset. We sort of got lost (I still haven’t completely figured out how it happened; I blame it on the map) and ended up going there via the long way, which was just fine since it gave us the chance to spot this marker and have a photo op 🙂
- Haggling at the Russian Market in Phnom Penh. I’m still not absolutely cutthroat at it but I’m getting there.
- Walking up and down Khao San Road in Bangkok simply taking in the sights and sounds and smells and enjoying the banana pancakes.
- Sampling tasty travel eats! Coconut crabs in Itbayat, Tonichi’s fish steak in Batan, delightful Hue-style pho in Saigon, discount breads in Siem Reap, etc… Continue reading